It’s official! 2019 is here and a lot of us are looking forward to bringing in the New Year with positive changes. Who knows, maybe you are like me and looking to lose a couple of pounds from all of the good ole holidays. Maybe you want to break a bad habit, or even learn a new skill or two, etc. Which, these are all great plans/goals, but the real question that comes into play is, are we going to stick to these plans for more than a few weeks, or are we going to throw in the towel after facing a few bumps in the road?
Whether you are a planner or a spur in the moment type person, the beginning of a new year is a good time to plan and set whatever goals you may want to achieve. The hardest part is sticking to your plans. Of course there are no set rules or laws in how you should achieve your goals, but it is definitely important to set goals that motivate you. In doing this you are making plans that are not only important to you but are of value to you. So how can you get started, well for me… here’s my game plan:
- Committing my plans to God
- Proverbs 16:3 (Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.
- Pray and talk to God about the things that you would like to achieve this year.
- Align my goals with his will
- After prayer, listen to his voice and hear his answer.
- Let God direct your path.
- God of the impossible is on my side.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – ( For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.)
- Remember God is for you, not against you. He will not do anything or allow anything of his will to destroy you.
- Begin and get moving in the direction in which you hear the Holy Spirit leading you.
Ask yourself these three questions as you start your goals?
- What is the first step that I need to take in order to achieve your goals and make my dreams a reality?
- What negative thoughts are holding me back from taking that first step?
- What positive thoughts/sayings should I tell myself in order to overcome the negative thoughts?
Declare to yourself this:
Today I choose to courageously face forward. I choose to overcome whatever fears I have and walk into the open doors before me. I choose to speak in terms of what is positive. Instead of me saying what I don’t want, I will positively declare what I do want, and when I face the harsh road of negativity I will stop, breathe, and pray.
I would love to hear what goals you have mind and your steps towards achieving them.
You can find me on all social media @KrystynaVee