Grilley J. Mitchell, is a retired military veteran. Served in the military for 20 years before retiring from Fort Bragg, in 1993. Prior professional experience has included Area Corp Site Manager in Iraq, Logistics Management positions with various business and organizations.
Currently volunteer with the ALMS HOUSE a local non-profit organization, serving as the Program Coordinator. The Alms House provides assistance to families, individuals, children and the homeless that are struggling when facing hardships in life. Our mission is to serve those less fortunate, through the Love Lunch program, Food Pantry, and Children’s Week-end Food program. We provide meals once a day, seven days a week. From noon to 12:30 PM on Saturday, 5 to 5:30 pm, Sunday thru Friday, 365 days a year.
PUBLIC SERVICE & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES/INVOLVEMENTS
• Chairman for the Hope Mills Veterans Affairs Committee
• Vice-Chairman ALMS HOUSE Board of Director
• Hope Mills Chamber of Commerce Board
• Chaplain for Veteran of Foreign Wars (VFW)
• Former Chairman for the Hope Mills Festival committee
• Friends of Hope Mills Funds Committee
• Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA) Committee of Cumberland County
• Former representative Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC) NC Public Schools